|Who's all going?|
What: Transformers Tenth Anniversary Convention
Where: The Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
When: 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday, July 16, 1994
Contacts: Jonathan Hartman, Chairman David Kolodny-Nagy, Art Contest
209 West Rush Street Box 845 Brandeis Univeristy, PO Box 9110
Kendallville, IN 46755-1741 Waltham, MA 02254-9110
(219) 347-1154 (617) 736-5485
The purpose of this convention is to celebrate the tenth anniversary of
Transformers. Fans, collectors, and dealers are all invited to come and be a
part of this special event. Planned events and activities include:* A presentation by Hasbro executives on the past, present and future of the Transformers, including a sneak preview of upcoming toys.
* A special Convention Exclusive action figure available only to those who
preregister. [Not necessarily a TF then...Dave]
* A collection gallery displaying private collections of American, European
and Japanese Transformers items.
* An autograph signing and question-and-answer session with members of the
Transformers comic book staff. (Tentative) [perhaps because the team
itself is tentative - Dave]
* An art contest and auction for fans to show their talent at rendering
their favorite Transformer. Prizes will be awarded in two different
* A video gallery where Transformers cartoons will be shown, including The
Transformers: The Movie.
* Dealer and collector booths for the buying, selling and trading of Transformers and Transformers related items.Attendance by preregistration is encouraged as it will allow guests to guarantee a hotel room for staying overnight (if desired), and it will be the only way to get the exclusive convention action figure. The fee for non- exhibiting guests is $15 per person before April 30, 1994. After that date it will be $20. Dealers and collectors who wish to set up a booth are required to pay $45 before April 30, 1994. This includes drapes and an unskirted table for one 10'x10' booth. Exhibitors will be allowed to bring one helper for the booth. Additional drapes, tables, table skirting and booth spaces are also available if desired. After April 30, the fee will be $50. Free bus transportation will be available to and from the airport on the day of the show only. Admission on the day of the show will be $5. Lodging is available at the Fort Wayne Hilton at the Convention Center which is attached to the Grand Wayne Center. The special convention rate of $62 per room will only be guaranteed to those who preregister. The Hilton is conveniently designed so that guests do not have to go outside to travel between the Convention Center or the adjacent parking facility [and the hotel]. The hotel also has a shuttle service to transport registered guests to locations around the city, including the airport. Many eateries are available to guests downtown, as well as those provided by the Hilton. For more information, please contact Jon Hartman at the above address. Inquiries about the art contest and auction should be directed to David Kolodny-Nagy.[Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce type stuff deleted. For those uncertain exactly where this is, Fort Wayne is in the Northeast corner of Indiana.]
BotCon '94 Registration Sheet
Rates: Non-exhibitor before April 30, 1994 - $15 per person
Non-exhibitor after April 30, 1994 - $20 per person
Exhibitor before April 30, 1994 - $45 *
Exhibitor after April 30, 1994 - $50 *
Entry fee on day of show for walk-ins - $5 per person
* Fee covers one 10'x10' booth and a helper
Please inquire if you want more than one booth
Rates: $62 per room per night (single or double occupancy)
Rooms must be reserved by a deposit equal to one night's
Earliest check-in time on day of arrival is 3:00pm. Check-out time
_____Non-exhibitor_____I will be driving to the show [Autobot?]
_____I will be flying to the show [Decepticon?]_____I will be staying in the hotel on Friday night
_____I will be staying in the hotel on Saturday night
_____I will be staying in the hotel both nights.
Total Amount Enclosed:
209 West Rush Street
Kendallville, IN 46755-1741
*credit* I found this in an old usenet post. Guess I'll go ahead and link to my post regarding older cons while I'm at it. Since I'm at it, check out these scans of Tomart covering BotCon 1994. Some of the copied text didn't format well to the blogger format, so I made an attempt to clean it up so it could be easily read.